My new engagement ring setting. Long story short, we went to pick out wedding bands and I wasn't happy with any of the choices they were showing me, and this was a pretty big showroom (read: I was near tears...the lady just wasn't hearing what I wanted). Mike finally suggested we look at new sets that had the engagement setting and the wedding band. I was reluctant, and only found one that I even thought I wanted to try on at all. I put it on and fell in love. THIS is the ring I was meant to have. I thought I loved my old one. Oh yes...it was perfect at the time. But this ring...this one I know I will NEVER get tired of. *sigh* So now we are both owners of wedding bands, sitting in a little pouch in my sock drawer, waiting for May 21!
We went to Tahoe in January with several of Mike's friends and a couple of mine. We had a great time snowboarding, spending time with everyone, eating, playing games and even gambling one night in Nevada. It snowed pretty heavily right before we left but, alas, no snowboarding for us on Sunday. We had to get back to the real world. Here's the house where we stayed.
As far as the rest of January, Mike and I are in training mode, running around 10-15 miles per week. That's soon to be ratcheted up (yikes) but so far I'm really proud of myself, since I used to be able to run no further than 2 miles as recently as December. Aside from running, there has been a lot of the following picture, couching it with my two favorites:
Speaking of my favorites, a long-awaited oil painting of this gorgeous beast arrived:
February's two biggest happenings were the Pebble Beach Pro/Am
and Valentine's Day
which we celebrated, now that we are old and on a budget, at none other than Benihana. Nothing says romance like sharing a table with 10 strangers and laughing awkwardly at food "tricks" you've seen 148 times, right? ;)
And, folks, that brings us up to date. Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of our very first date. I can't believe how time has flown. I remember last year so clearly...for our 1 year we went to Boulevard to celebrate, one of the most awesome, well-known restaurants in town. Mike doesn't know this, but I just felt SURE he was going to propose since we had picked out a setting 2 weeks prior. Hah! Once that didn't happen, I put it out of my mind so it was a nice surprise when he asked me a few weeks later. :) And here we are...about to start a life together. I'm getting married quite a bit later than most of my Birmingham friends, but he was SO WORTH THE WAIT. Can't even stress that enough. More on our amazing meal (and our upcoming Vegas trip) when I have some more time. Love to all!!!
2 comments:
Hey! The time is fast approaching! Yay!!!! I was exactly where you were this time last year! What a special season! And what a difference a year can make! Ha! Another whole season has come...and it is most def special as well! I had no idea that you had set March 2012 as your official migration back south. Good for yall! Will certainly make it easier to see you when we are around. I love love the velvet ropes! Haha! That oil painting is crazy and hilarious and awesome. Glad yall are good and happy. These days will go so fast!
Love the new ring, super fun! I also love the comfy couch picture, makes me feel like i'm there snuggled with y'all! :) And paisley's pic is less scary than I was expecting! haha! ;) definitely a framer!
Oh if you're getting married "quite" a bit later than Bham friends, I can only imagine what word i'll have to use if I ever do! haha! So glad it was worth the wait...gives us few ones left a glimmer of hope! :)
Post a Comment