
Since life has gotten in the way since my last post, I'm finding it might be easier to start with most recent events and work my way backwards until the main things are covered. So, bear with me as we go in reverse order for awhile.
For Labor Day weekend, I told Mike I wanted to camp near Fort Bragg in Northern California and go to Glass Beach, which I had seen on Pinterest. Apparently the area used to be a dumping ground 50-60 years ago, so all of that glass has now turned into beautifully smooth sea glass. So we packed up Friday afternoon and headed north.
We got there late but got our tent set up fine in the dark, then waited for Bryan and Tiffany to arrive Saturday morning. We all took a nice walk to Belinda Point, about a mile from our campground, and cruised around taking pictures and letting the dogs explore.



Next stop was Glass Beach, which wasn't quite as I had pictured it. It was fairly crowded and smelled funny because of all the seaweed that had washed ashore. I was picturing large, colorful pieces of sea glass, but there were none to be found. Once we started looking around, though, we realized there was a TON of sea glass, it was just very small. We had a great time sifting through the sand finding different sizes and colors.

It was time for some Malbec and a ridiculously large dinner after that, and of course, smores.

Bryan and Tiff got going pretty early Sunday, so we took the afternoon to visit Point Cabrillo Ligthouse (I think it's the oldest functioning one!), wander around Noyo Bay, head back to Glass Beach and stop at this cool place called Cowlicks for ice cream before making chicken hobo packets. No photos of those, but they turned out pretty well! Thanks, Girl Scouts of America!


With two stinky adults, one exhausted dog and a tiny Audi packed to the brim with camping stuff, we drove back nice and early Monday to do laundry and prepare for the week. It was an amazing trip and I'm really enjoying seeing as much of California as I can while we're still here!
No comments:
Post a Comment