So, as some of you may have seen on Twitter, we had a GREAT time in Las Vegas!! Mike got in late on Friday night so not much happened. Saturday was a big day. Mom and Allison came in to wake me up and I swear that child got cuter since the last time I saw her. How does that keep happening? I walked downstairs to find Mike feeding the baby his bottle and sat with him on the couch drinking coffee. Allison climbed up and snuggled with me and with her on one side, and Mike feeding a baby on the other, it was cute overload.
We took some things to the homeless "tent city" in downtown Las Vegas which was awesome. It obviously gets unbearably hot and those people were so thankful and kind. We brought them water, food, sunscreen, hats, sunglasses and wet wipes. The only thing we didn't think of that they requested was deodorant. Next time! Then it was on to Artful Potter to paint ceramics that they fire and you pick up later. Allison made an adorable plate :), Mike painted me a coffee mug and I painted him a dragon bank. (Per his request...weirdo.)
Next stop was Chuck E. Cheese, where everyone had an awesome time. Allison was way less scared of "Mouse" this time and actually wanted to see him. I can't say the same for Mike and me, but we managed. Allison fell asleep in the car on the way home and the adults got showered and went to eat sushi then get drinks.
Sunday Jane, Eric, Mike, me and the girls went to church then met my parents for brunch. That night we just made fajitas at home and watched a scary movie together. I hated to take Mike to the airport on Monday, but I realize it's kind of important that he shows up for work. Mom and I hit the thrift store and played with the babies, then Tuesday Janie, Eric and I saw The Ugly Truth and it was time to come home!
I have to say it was one of my best weekends ever in Vegas. The things we did were SO fun and Mike was there to share them and meet the rest of my family. I can't wait to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment