This post has practically no relevance to most people's daily lives, but I felt like writing it so bear with me. It's no secret I take a couple of prescriptions. I have a daily medication to keep panic attacks at bay, special flying medicine to make airborne experiences more pleasurable for airline crews and co-passengers, and I just recently quit taking antibiotics for my adult acne (and I can't figure why nobody has snatched me up to marry me!). Anyway, I have several empty medicine bottles and have looked up some uses for them and figured some out on my own. Now, I will throw away or recycle something useless any day. I just happen to love reusing medicine bottles because 1) they're small, 2) they're see-through and 3) they're waterproof. So without further ado...
- Corral loose change in a car, purse or drawer. Medicine bottles are precisely the perfect size for quarters in particular. I realize most of you don't have to use parking meters, buses or coin-operated washers and dryers very often, but for those of us who do, those little bottles work really well!
- Travel with cutips or cotton balls. The larger (taller) medicine bottles are the perfect height for cutips and the perfect diameter to hold about a week's worth when you're traveling. And if shampoo or something else explodes (as always seems to happen to me), they'll stay dry!
- Other travel toiletries. Instead of buying travel size bottles at the drug store, I just squirt some lotion or conditioner or whatever into a medicine bottle and label it with a Sharpie. Especially if I'm only going somewhere for a weekend.
- Tiny things. I keep a medicine bottle in my purse with bobby pins, ponytail holders, safety pins, a Crystal Light on-the-go packet, earring backs, extra earphones and a replacement cover for my earphones. Yes, it all fits in one bottle. And yes, it's essential that I have ear buds at all times. If you saw some of the freaks I ride the bus with who try to engage in midday drunken conversation (they're drunk, not me)...speaking of which, I need to remember to write a post about my and my friends' favorite bus stories. Coming soon!
Anyway, I know this isn't seasonal or about anything going on with me, but I love reusing these little things! Is that sort of ghetto? Sure. Call me when you've been unemployed for a year and tell me how ghetto it is. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment