I realize I've been absent for awhile on here but hopefully I'll be able to update more frequently. Thanksgiving week was a blur with the wedding in Florida, Mike visiting Alabama and then heading to Tennessee. Then, the week after I got back, I watched my friend Jaime's little boy, Lucca (see above).
I had SO much fun watching him! It was definitely exhausting, as I'm sure any of you moms of toddlers out there are aware of, but we had a great week together. There were lots of trips to the park and the library and Whole Foods. And I thought it was important that I mention that I had to feed him several things I HATE, including pears, oranges, yogurt and applesauce. I was really proud of myself, and had steeled my nerves and prepared myself to feed him a banana...but I simply couldn't do it. I stared those bananas down all week and just couldn't muster the strength. But I made great strides and feel more confident that when the time comes, I'll be able to feed my future children something besides Doritos and chocolate chip cookies.
Other than that, I've still been interviewing for jobs and had a great one today. Please keep my job search in your prayers! I would obviously like to work at a great place as soon as possible, but I'm trying to be patient and remind myself that God has always put me exactly where I need to be when I need to be there. If I hadn't worked at Savela, I probably wouldn't have gotten the job with Intermark. If I hadn't worked at Intermark, I never would have met Wyeth and moved out here. And if I hadn't worked at Horn Group, I wouldn't have had the rare opportunity to take the year off. :) While some might not see being laid off as a blessing, I certainly have. Hugs to all!
1 comment:
This post - quite literally - made me laugh out loud. I could picture you eyeing that banana all week. I am very proud of your strides with the other fruits. I'm also wondering when Aubrey will be old enough to fly without supervision, so I can send her to you for a while :).
Post a Comment