Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A busy couple of days & more vet bills

To write out the entirety of what's happened since I last wrote in the detail to which I'm accustomed would take way too long. So I'm going to go with abbreviated stories in bullet point format.

- Mike moved to a new place. It's a studio and smaller than his old apartment...meaning he's selling all of the *ahem* less beautiful bachelor items from the old place. AND I get to help buy new stuff for the studio. Hooray!

- Sabrina's boyfriend Nick came out to visit and he's just as awesome as I remembered him. We had tons of fun and he made a Greek feast for 9 of us, including cheese he set on fire and an entire bottle of Ouzo.

- I got a CA driver's license. It took over 3 hours and I had to wait in 4 separate lines. Awesome. I had to take the written test on CA laws and technically failed it. You are allowed to miss 6 questions and I missed 7, but the man grading my test passed me anyway. Yessssss.

- I had a second interview with a company out here and they want to see me back one more time. So that's a positive sign on the job front!

- Paisley thought it would be fun on Saturday morning to get into my suitcase and completely ransack everything I purchased for my parents' stockings and for Janie's babies. That included trying to eat finger puppets, Silly Putty, AA batteries and books...all items I found bite marks on. OH, and she also wandered into Sabrina's room and destroyed Nick's retainer. Then to top it all off, she ate a bar of Ghirardelli chocolate and an entire HUGE bag of Andes mints. To say I panicked is an understatement. Mike and I rushed her to the vet where vomiting was induced, she had her tummy coated in charcoal and then got some fluids. The tiny silver lining is that doggy insurance she's now on, so the bill was only 50% as astronomical as it would have been otherwise!

Suffice it to say things have been a little hectic around here but for the most part positive, and even the negative...all's well that ends well right? I'm excited to get home and see everyone for dinner and am keeping a nice relaxing week at home as my goal in sight to get through these next couple of days!!

No comments: