I looked back on my 2009 resolutions and realized that my success rate was about 50%. I think part of that is due to a rookie mistake...making goals that weren't specific or measurable. So, without further ado, here is what I hope to accomplish/make a habit of in 2010.
- Start taking a multivitamin every day. I have other medication I have to take every day, so I can't see any excuse not to keep a bottle of vitamins in my nightstand drawer and add one to my morning routine. I think this will help improve my overall health and hopefully keep me from getting as many colds in 2010!
- Run a 5K. Simple and short, yes. But I haven't run (or even walked) in a road race since Race for the Cure about 6 years ago. For all of you half-marathoners out there, don't laugh at me. I'm easing into running slowly. Hopefully I'll be ready for a 10K in 2011!
- Take Paisley for a 10-minute walk at least 3 times a week. One of my goals last year was to spend more quality time with Paisley, which I've obviously been able to do since I'm unemployed, but I think a lot of our time together has just been time, not quality time. So, I've committed to walking her across to the park or around the block at least 3 times a week. Hopefully this will help keep her from getting middle-age spread, as well. :)
- Read the entire Bible. This is an aggressive one, but I know it can be done if I can make reading it a priority. And I have never read the Bible all the way through. I've read almost all of the New Testament and about 30-40% of the Old Testament. I've purchased a book called For The Love of God which helps guide you through the Bible in one year.
So that's it for the year...I could add one more to round it out to 5, but these are the ones that really mean something to me. I hope to hear your resolutions and I wish you health and happiness in 2010!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment