Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

This year was the best Valentine's Day I've ever had. I cannot say enough great things about Mike in one sitting, so I'm just going to recap our incredible weekend.

We drove down to Pebble Beach Friday night to meet up with his friends, and then Saturday went the the pro-am and to dinner with everyone.

Sunday morning we headed to Monterey for our Valentine's Day celebration together. He had bought tickets for a whale-watching tour and it left around noon, so we went out to look for grey whales and humpbacks! We saw several grey whales and I tried to get good pictures, but I mostly ended up with photos of the water spray from their blowholes. It was an amazing experience and neither of us got sick...hooray!

Sunday night we went to a great restaurant called The Sardine Factory and had fresh seafood and chocolate cake and a great bottle of red wine. When we got back to our hotel, we went to the rooftop hot tub and exchanged gifts...and he got me a Tory Burch purse that I have been CRAVING. It is a thing of beauty and I was never expecting him to get me something so nice. He told me he got such a special present because it was our last "first Valentine's Day" with someone. :)

This morning we woke up and got breakfast delivered and ate out on the balcony, watching the otters and seals play in the water right below us. We headed back home after we ate and took Highway 1 all the way up the coast to Half Moon Bay. It was a GORGEOUS drive!!

I feel so lucky to have a man who is so thoughtful, sensitive and considerate. Happy Valentine's Day Mikey!! I love you so much!

No comments: