Monday, December 13, 2010

Parties, moving and the dump

The last week been basically insane, as will the next 4-5 days, but I am keeping sane by remembering that it will all be over then! Starting last Thursday, we had my work party and Saturday was Mike's work party. Both were really fun and really different. My office only has 7 people in it and his party was his whole company so a much larger event. I wish I had taken more pictures at his party. It was at this really cool venue called the Bentley Reserve with professional carolers dressed in Dickensian style. A bit classier than my work party, which was at a fancy restaurant but where we proceeded to booze, be loud and make inappropriate comments. Here is quick shot of Mike and me at my office party.

Other than Christmas parties, I'm now 98% moved into the new apartment. That's been a beast. We ended up making a trip to the city dump Saturday because Goodwill doesn't take certain kinds of furniture and it's just not worth the $30 I'd get from putting it on craigslist, which is a hassle. That was an interesting and smelly experience. I'm staying at my old place in Sabrina's bed until tomorrow so she doesn't have to stay there alone, then we have her going away party on Thursday. I'm so sad already that I can't talk about it.

Once she heads back to Indianapolis, I'll clean up the apartment and be done with 1165 Bay Street. It's kind of hard to believe that. I've lived in this same apartment for almost 3 years, which is about as long as I've ever lived anywhere other than my parents' house. I've experienced a lot of really difficult, and really AMAZING things in that little apartment. It's sad to leave that place. Even though the ceiling leaks and the landlord sucks and the neighbors are all bitchy, I get the same feeling when I think about that apartment as I do when I think about leaving Auburn. Mainly: a lot of growing up has happened here.

I've been especially sensitive lately with Christmas around the corner, Sabrina moving and me leaving my little corner of San Francisco to move in with a boy, so I'll get out of here before I start crying at my desk. I will be back after her party to post some pictures of Breezy's last night in SF!

No comments: