Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Struggling

We're baaaaaccccck! What a wedding and honeymoon trip. I will be back to write more about the wedding soon when I get some more pictures. You know, that day being the biggest one in my life so far. :) In a nutshell, almost everything went as planned that day and I could not have been happier with how everything turned out. Same with Hawaii...just an incredible trip. I knew it would go quickly but not THAT fast.

So here I am, back at work and really disengaged. Please tell me this happened to you after your honeymoon. I am withdrawn from my work to the point that it's really not good. I can't focus, don't want to be here and the money just doesn't seem worth the stress anymore. I don't know if it's being somewhere with a slower pace of life and then coming back to this, but I feel like my perspective has completely shifted. Mike and I decided we'd rather be broke and together all the time than at our jobs, separated all day. Unfortunately, we're locked into a lease through the end of the year that requires us to continue being gainfully employed in order to pay the rent. :)

So what do I do, friends? How does one cope with the desire to quit one's job on the spot and spend all day with one's husband and puppy dog?

2 comments:

Sarah ::Heart Deco:: said...

Don't fret. This happens to all newly married couples. It's you coming down from the high that was your wedding and honeymoon. Same thing happened to me. It was all go go go and wonderfulness and friends and family and love and then a vacation! Probably the best vacation you will ever have! And theeeeen.....reality. Slaps you in the face like a NJ housewife. It's depressing. You have this wonderful new life but the rest of the world doesn't acknowledge it! How dare they! Give it a few weeks. An if it doesn't get better... Start talkin' babies!! Kidding.....kind of. Love you and I want to give you a big hug!

joyh said...

I totally remember how depressed I was to come back to "real life" after our wedding and honeymoon. And honestly, I feel that way everytime Nick and I come back from vacation. It's so fun getting to spend all day together free of stress- and who wants to go back to work??? Sorry I don't have any good advice to help- my only motivation for getting back to regular life is that there isn't really another option :) But it will get better. Congratulations, Elizabeth!! Can't wait for the pictures!