Thursday, April 21, 2011

Just for the record

I realize that the vast majority of folks who check out my blog are probably people who attended my shower/bachelorette party. :) But for the random, bored stranger (and for my own documentation), here are a few pictures from my weekend in Birmingham.

I could not have asked for a more perfect weekend. Sabrina and I arrived Friday, stopped to see my grandparents, then sat on my parents screened porch for hours drinking wine, laughing with my parents and sister and telling stories.

Saturday was my wedding shower! It was so fun to be the guest of honor at a shower after the years of attending as a guest. :) I got some amazing gifts, got to give lots of hugs to people I hadn't seen in a long time and just generally smiled from ear to ear all day. I seriously thought my heart might burst.


And when I thought it couldn't get better, my nearest and dearest friends met up for dinner at 26 and then went to Ross Bridge to celebrate my last group outing with them as a single lady! We drank champagne and opened gifts in the room, moved the party to the hotel bar and a good time was had by all. I can't tell you how many times I laughed until it hurt.




To all of you girls who were involved in any way...I am immeasurably blessed to have you as friends. Anyone would be lucky to have ONE of you but to have a group of amazing women in life like you all, well, it makes me tear up. I do not deserve the abundance of great friends that God has given me and I am so thankful to Him for placing each of you in my path. Thank you for being a part of this journey with me. I know that marriage is going to be a lot of fun, but I also know that there is going to be a lot of work and some challenges along the way...and I can honestly say none of that scares me entering into it with a guy like Mike and with a group of girls who will be there forever to listen to me and give me advice. I LOVE YOU ALL WITH MY WHOLE LITTLE HEART!

Love,
Liz
xoxo

1 comment:

Haley said...

Aaaaahhhh!!!! Elizabeth! So HAPPY for you! Those are such fun days! SOAK it ALL up! Wish I could have been there to share in the laughs! So happy that you are so happy! Your big day is not far away.... It really is the best feeling!