Thursday, March 31, 2011

The silver lining

As anyone who has somehow caught me on the phone recently knows, I've been stressed out at work. Majorly. The nature of what I do forces me to rely on others, oftentimes people I hardly know, to do what they say they're going to do. And we all know that isn't a foolproof plan. So some days here are tougher than others.

I've been trying to find some things I can think about when work gets tough. #1 is, of course, the fact that I have a job that pays well, doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and allows me to work with an awesome team. That one's a given. This job is a blessing, but knowing that only gets me so far on the really tough days.

But then this morning I realized something else awesome. It finally got into the mid-70's today (one of less than 20 times that will happen all year probably) and I decided I was going to dress somewhat warmly. I walked over to my bus stop, full of young professionals in suits, dresses, skirts, etc. and realized: I'm wearing jeans, 4-inch heel sandals and a t-shirt with an Indian (excuse me, Native American, I mean) and a buffalo on it. Hoop earrings. And carrying my coffee and my files like everyone else. Just dressed like I'm going to lunch on Saturday. :)

Thank you, Creative Circle, for letting me wear whatever I want to wear to work!!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

umm, the best part of my day is deciding what to wear to work and being able to completely ignore all my "work" clothes :) sometimes i feel bad for them tho, when i can see the layer of dust building on my black pants. ha ha!