
I am so, so, so excited to have these little shoes! I have been looking for wedding shoes basically since last summer/fall. I knew I wanted flats, I knew I wanted a peep toe, and I knew they had to be off-white. And I knew I didn't want to spend $300 for a one-time wear. Unfortunately, I was having no luck.
I spied these little shoes about, oh, 4 months ago. I refused to let myself buy them because they were $108. Some of you are probably thinking, "That's IT?!?! What a steal!" Others are laughing hysterically thinking, "I wouldn't pay more than $20 for a pair of shoes I was going to wear once, even for my wedding. My ass woulda been at Payless." You see, that's me. I wanted a BARGAIN on wedding shoes. But I didn't want them to be hideous. And I actually combed the Payless, Kohl's, Target, you name it websites as well as endless.com and zappos.com and overstock.com quite regularly.
Mike would occasionally look over my shoulder and point out ones I might like, and nothing felt quite right. Finally, he convinced me to just buy the shoes I wanted. And once I realized how many man-hours I had spent searching, it seemed like the best thing to do.
So, there you have it. I got the shoes, and I love them even more than I thought I would. They are dupioni silk and oh so soft. Granted, they're going to show every blade of grass I step on, but at least I captured a "before" picture to remember them in their glory. :) And, I bought them through ebates.com so I should be getting 7.5% cash back. You know I couldn't pay completely full price...every little bit counts! :)
In other news, I had my second dress fitting last weekend and it went really well. The first fitting was uneventful to me and I was lukewarm about the dress. This last time, they really started pinning where they would take out the extra fabric, shortening it, and smoothing out little bumps and I was REALLY happy with how it looked. Now, off to tone my arms!
1 comment:
I love them! Cant wait to see you next weekend and then see you in them in May!!!
You may only wear them once, but its one of the most important days of you life
Post a Comment