Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Viva Las Vegas

A quick note about our recent Vegas trip before I forget and before our CEO gets to the office for two days and I get even busier. :)

My company paid for Mike and me to spend a luxurious weekend at THEhotel in Vegas with some other co-workers. It was a reward trip for our work last year and they sent 11 of us plus managers. The only downside was that I had to get up at the last night's dinner and give a speech for being Rookie of the Year. The cheeks were burning! Here we are on the way to the hotel:

Here are some shots of our room:


It was an awesome trip that we will probably never replicate. Friday evening, we all met up at the top of the hotel for drinks at Mix. This is my co-worker Jenn from the SF office.

It was great to mix and mingle with everyone, then Saturday we got to go to the spa at Mandalay Bay for a 1 hour massage, which I desperately needed. Our company had rented 2 private pool cabanas so we headed there straight from the spa. This is our semi-private plunge pool overlooking the main pool!
Mike and I went to see the shark exhibit at Mandalay Bay in the afternoon and then it was time for an AWESOME dinner. Huge towers of oysters, lobster and crab were there waiting and they had roving trays of appetizers, too. Hope (Chicago office) with a lobster:
Hope and Robert:
Hope was my favorite person I met on the trip and I'll see her again when I'm in Dallas for work next month so that will be fun. :)
This is me, Mike and Kristen (also Chicago):
(If I look a little hefty, it's all the booze, fried food and the 20 mini-bar Snickers I ate. Major wedding dress setbacks!)

No Vegas trip is complete without seeing these two nuggets:
Jane, Eric, Allison and EJ met us at the hotel for breakfast/brunch. It was awesome to get to hug them. :)

And that, my friends, is the quick and dirty Vegas trip (minus the part where Mike and I lost all of the fun money we brought. Oh well, that's what it was for anyway!) We will likely not stay anywhere that fancy again for a LONG time and certainly won't be indulging in cabanas, massages and excellent dinners, so this was a huge blessing for us. Thanks, Creative Circle!

No comments: