Okay, so as Lauren and I discussed, apparently blogging is a lot easier when you're stuck at a computer all day. When you don't have to be behind a computer, why would you be? Normally I play around on the internet for an hour or two each day and blogging always seems to be forgotten in the shuffle of my online stalking!
Not a whole lot of news to report, folks. I'm headed back to Vegas for another week to help my sister after my mom and dad leave so she doesn't have to quit having help cold turkey. Oh, and also because I'm obsessed with her children. Fortunately (I guess), the week is during one of Joseph's super-stressful work weeks, so I won't miss out on much time with him.
Just as a side note, one of my goals while I'm unemployed is to learn something new every day. I've found that it's a lot easier for me to be diligent about writing when I have a "daily commitment." So, without further ado, here's what I learned for today:
1/30/08: Joseph was telling me about DB Cooper, who apparently is well-known, although not by me. In 1971 he hijacked a plane going from Portland to Seattle, demanded $200,000 (Really? That's it? $200,000?), then made the plane fly to Mexico after the passengers were deplaned. Somewhere along the way over either Oregon or Washington, he parachuted out the back of the plane never to be seen again. None of the money ever made it into circulation, either, so it's widely assumed that he died and apparently people go treasure hunting for the money. Interesting story, no? Stay tuned for more fun (and some lame) facts!
1 comment:
Hey! I'm friends with Volree back in AL and think your blog is so fun to stalk, uh, read. And of all the posts I've read, this is the one I choose to comment on b/c I didn't know this was a real person. I only know about him from the movie "Without a Paddle" where seth green, matthew lilliard, and dax shepherd go on a treasure hunt for DB Cooper's loot.(Thought it was funny btw, but I also liked Fool's Gold, so what do I know?!)
So yes, I did learn something new today! Thanks for entertaining me while I'm stuck behind a desk all day, and if you see another southern transplant wandering around the city - that's my sister. She could use your help! :)
Post a Comment