Saturday, March 28, 2009

The other side

It's pretty common knowledge that the last couple of months haven't been the easiest for me. Being laid off in January wasn't nearly as hard as when Joseph broke up with me in early February. The vast changes in my world have been hard to deal with. Really hard. And I still have difficult days, but I think I can safely say that I have made it through to the other side.

Just a day or two after Joseph and I broke up, I told my mom I wasn't sure I would ever be my happy, carefree, optimistic self again. And just the other day I found myself with that "I'm so happy I could burst" feeling. Now, don't get me wrong, it wasn't as strong as it has been in the past since I moved here, but it was there. That feeling that life was pretty damn good and I am incredibly blessed, despite the fact that my life isn't perfect. God has shown me so many amazing truths and put so many awesome friends in my life recently, and all I had to do was ask for them.

I'm also dating again, which is...interesting. Dating is a little bit awkward no matter where you live, but it's been such an adventure here because I'm meeting a lot of completely random people. It isn't like Birmingham where I would go out and meet a guy and know at least 5 people I could call for a character reference. Which is scary, fun, and sometimes leads to disappointment. Overall, though, the dating thing has been going okay. I'm focusing more on hanging out with different groups of people and making new friends and have come across several potential dates that way. I'll keep you posted. :)

Life has been busy since I'm trying to cultivate new relationships with so many different groups, so if I've been even LESS responsible about keeping in touch, I do apologize. And I will make a concerted effort to step up my game in that area in the near future. But for now, it's been nice to just focus on putting my life back together...some parts that were there before are now gone, but I feel like God has already put some better pieces in their places and He has great things for me around the corner. :)

2 comments:

Bendabl said...

love you!!!! Isaiah 55:8-9

Terri Munro said...

I am thinking of you - call me!