Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Easy Recipe

I made some dinner last night with what I had around because I physically couldn't bring myself to face Safeway yesterday. It's always worse on a Monday, so I decided to put off my weekly grocery trip until today. This recipe isn't necessarily new or exciting, but it's easy and somewhat healthy. Enjoy!

1 1/4 lbs. ground turkey (I used 93% lean but I can't imagine it matters)
1/2 box pasta of your choice
1 jar pasta sauce (10 3/4 ounces)
Cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 cup water

Cook the ground turkey in a large pan. While it's browning, sprinkle liberally with Cayenne pepper or Cajun seasoning. I like mine spicy! :) Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling water, drain and set aside. Once the turkey is browned, pour the jar of sauce, about 1/4 cup water and about a tablespoon of red pepper flakes (or more) into the pan. Let simmer for about 3-5 minutes, then pour into a large bowl with pasta and toss. Add cheese on top if you want to!

No comments: