Wednesday, August 26, 2009

For the unruly beast in your life



If you have a dog who may be a little, uhh, "difficult" to walk (for example, a 6-year-old yellow lab who is still shockingly spry and energetic on walks), you NEED to get this harness. It's called the Sense-ation Harness and it basically goes around the dog's back and across its chest.

Y'all, the second I put this thing on Paisley, she was like a new dog. The way it works is that it has a metal loop right in the front of the dog's chest, so when they pull, it basically turns them around, as opposed to a regular collar or harness which attaches at the back or behind the neck and allows the dog to use all of its strength to drag you. (Whew, that was a long sentence.) Paisley is about 70-75 pounds (she requested I didn't list her exact weight) and can be pretty strong when she wants to be. This harness makes it possible for me to walk her using only ONE HAND on the leash. For anyone who has witnessed me walking her, that is pretty much an incredible feat.

I got mine on amazon.com and it was only about $27...worth every penny. Side note: I purchased a M/L size for Paisley just to give you an idea for sizing.

No comments: