This weekend was really nice and, for the most part, uneventful over here on Bay Street. Friday night, Sabrina and I ordered a pizza and watched 2 OnDemand episodes of Big Brother. I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Saturday was the "big day" of the weekend...Sabrina, Mike and I went wine tasting in Napa with Sara-Kate and 3 of her friends. We rented a limo so nobody had to be the designated driver and there was perhaps too much wine consumed. It was really cloudy in the city so it was an awesome day to get out of town and enjoy the sunshine in wine country. When we got home, everyone was too tired to do anything so we were all in bed by 8pm. Seriously. It was glorious.
Sunday morning, due to our 11 hours of sleep Saturday night, we were up bright and early, so the 3 of us got breakfast at the diner around the corner. Mike and I went to a new church, which was interesting. It's on the edge of the Tenderloin (think: prostitutes, crack addicts, people wandering around/passed out on any number of other drugs) but the church service was really nice. Well, aside from a Latino man rapping during one of the opening songs, but I digress. The message was great. They're doing a series called "Why I Hate Christians" that views Christians from the outside and tries to address some of the issues that non-believers have with us. Yesterday's sermon was on hypocrisy and living a life of integrity, which is always good to hear. After that, Mike and I went to get my nails done. Okay, so maybe he got his feet and hands cleaned up a little, but no buffing and no polish, much to the manicurist's chagrin. Can't imagine that would go over well at the construction site. Then we got lunch at Polker's and went back to his house for the rest of the day. It was SO relaxing. I did a jigsaw puzzle we had started while he watched episodes of Entourage in the background. We ordered some Indian food from Kennedy's for dinner then called it a day.
He's been pretty sick, but has hopefully turned the corner. I felt horrible for him Saturday, but he was a real trooper. Not only because he put on a happy face despite being sick, but put on a happy face despite having to watch after Sabrina and me, and we can be quite the handful. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment