Monday, March 15, 2010

Back in one piece with a sore neck

So, I'm still really new to snowsports. Living in Alabama for so long, it never appealed to me to spend hundreds of dollars to fly somewhere and try to learn something I may or may not suck at...particularly when I know I'm good at laying around on a beach. :) So hot vacations always got my vote. Now that I live here, it makes sense to learn how to snowboard since we're so close to Tahoe.

Anyway, we went back this past weekend for our last trip of the season. And the slopes were ICY. Particulary the green trails. The first run down, I fell HARD. The second run down, Mike fell even worse than I had. He has never told me anything hurts before and he had to lay down in the snow at the bottom, then limp inside. For those who don't know, he has a history of fainting when he's in pain, so I was freaking the hell out, as he almost blacked out like 5 times trying to walk inside. He started to feel better after awhile but we figured it was a good time to break for lunch, then head back out. Many more hard falls ensued.

Since the green trails were so nasty, we decided to try a blue one. After busting my ass falling when we were getting off the lift, I actually made it down without falling. I was SO PROUD. Granted, I went down on my heels and as Emilie would say, "No records for land speed were set" but I made it.

Saturday night we went to the Hyatt and gambled for awhile...Mike broke even and I only lost $50, which, for those of you who have knowledge of the "Mark era" gambling know, is considered a major success! We headed back yesterday, and I can say I am unscathed besides an incredibly sore neck and ribs. Mike claims he saw one of my bad falls and I flipped a few times, so I suppose that makes sense.

I'm glad I've tried something new and am looking forward to heading back out next season! I need to download pictures, and will add them to this post as soon as I do!

1 comment:

Emilie H said...

HOLLER!! Thanks for the shout out! Miss you!!! E