So, yesterday I stumbled upon and signed up on a website called www.29gifts.org. Y'all, this is the greatest, simplest idea. The website simply challenges you to commit to giving something each day for 29 days. It doesn't have to cost anything, or it can cost a lot...the decision of what to give and who to give it to is up to you.
I decided that there was no better day to start giving for 29 days than December 1, so that my giving coincides with Christmastime! My hope is that this will help me to give more consciously and regularly, and remind me how much I have been blessed with (both material goods and love) and how much of all of that I should be giving away. I think oftentimes I give my time, money, thoughtfulness, etc. when it's convenient for me or when I have some to spare. And, frankly, I can get pretty selfish when my day doesn't go just perfectly or when my montly expenses are more than usual. The first things to go in situations like that are helpfulness towards others, patience and kindness, and donations, which is pretty messed up.
I have several ideas of things I want to do so far, but not 29, so I'm looking for suggestions! I think I am more apt to stick to this if I can plan out my giving and have 29 (or more!) solid ideas to choose from. Otherwise I can see a day or several just sneaking right past me. If you have any ideas of things I can give, IM me at iheartpaisley on AIM or email me at emalone0000@gmail.com. Try not to post your ideas as comments, because I'll be writing every day on here once I start and I want the "gives" to be a surprise. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment