I voted this morning. I waited in an hour-long line and voted in someone's garage...how weird is that? I guess there just aren't enough official places in the city to vote and they want to keep it convenient.
I will say that it was cold, very cold, and one of my ballots came back defective, so I had to redo it. In addition, many people didn't read up on the state and city propositions that were on the ballot, which really held up the line. But I'm glad I went. Even if nothing I voted for ends up winning, I know that I did what I could and what I thought was right.
Just remember how blessed we are to live in this country, even with all of its flaws. No country is perfect and we have it so much better than many. Happy Election Day, y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment