I have no qualms about telling the world that I am unemployed and LOVING it. Two of the biggest reasons are 1) Paisley and 2) the fact that I live right by the water.
I try to make it down to the beach with her at least 3-4 days a week. I get exercise and sun and so does she. Y'all, I really love my dog. Even more than I used to. Now that we get to spend so much time together, she goes everywhere with me. She sits outside politely while I get my nails done, run into Walgreens, check out the sales at Gap or whatever else is on my agenda. There are tons of places with outside eating options so she can just lie by my feet and hope for crumbs.
But by far, her favorite activity is beach walking. If we only have 30-45 minutes, we walk down to the main beach and let her romp around. She doesn't have as much interest in playing with other dogs as you would think...she mainly walks over, sniffs them, and then runs back to me. She usually likes to jump in the waves and then run right back to me again. It's the cutest thing. The beach is one of the only places where I'm technically allowed to have her off leash, and she doesn't want to leave my side! She just takes the occasional dip to cool off. If we have an hour and a half, we take the beach all the way down to the Warming Hut (right before the base of the Golden Gate Bridge) and then we take the trail back...otherwise I would have WAY too much sand in my shoes to continue.
I just thought about my puppy and everything she's been through with me a lot this morning as we were walking. She is so loving and always up for anything. Well, except for right now. The beach trip got her all tuckered out and she's sleeping on the couch with her fur still damp. :) Such a cutie!
1 comment:
I remember that night I stayed with you before you moved and Miss Paisley was more than slightly irritated that I dared to sleep in the bed.
Post a Comment