Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My new love


If you haven't tried Betty Crocker's Warm Delights, run, don't walk, to your nearest grocery store and get several packages. How do I love these teensy little cakes? Let me count the ways...

1. They're microwavable, so no messing up mixing bowls and cake pans required.
2. They're ready in approximately 30 seconds, and sometimes when a chocolate cake craving strikes me I need that quick turnaround before things get ugly.
3. You only add WATER. No eggs, no oil, no nothing else. Gone are the days when I would pull down a box of brownie mix with my eyes glazed over, imagining how good they're going to taste, only to get mixing and realize I'm out of eggs. Those are not happy days.
4. They come out piping hot. As you all know, I am a HUGE fan of the Oreo Cakester 100 calorie pack, but I find these little bowls of heaven to be much more satisfying. Why? I believe it's because they're warm and you feel like you're eating a "real" dessert.
5. And this brings me to my last and most important point...each of these amazing little cakes will only set you back 150 calories. Yep. That's all. If you add skim milk you're obviously tacking on about 90 calories, but they're delectable either way.

My favorite variety is the Molten Chocolate Cake, which you pour a fudge packet onto before microwaving. If you let the cake cool for a few moments and then dump it upside down onto a plate, you have a cake just like you'd get in a restaurant where the hot fudgy sauce pours out when you cut into it. Betty does sell a larger variety, as well, which has something like 370 calories I think. Not too bad for you if you've had one of those days and want to eat it yourself, but also a good size for sharing. Go get some of these cakes. Microwave them. Call me and tell me how they change your life.

1 comment:

Terri Munro said...

Hmm- are you being paid for these? If not you should be! I am going to TEAR UP some warm fudgy goodness.