I recently read a quite from Dolly Parton in one of the magazines my grandmother subscribes me to...it said "We cannot control the wind but we can adjust our sails." I really liked this a lot because currently, I'm having a little trouble controlling the, uhh, shall we say "the winds of job searching." I've been earnestly looking for the past 2 months or so and struggling a lot. And I certainly can adjust other things in my life, including what I do with my spare time in the meantime, my attitude, and maybe in the end it might require rethinking my career.
Anyway, I wanted to leave you with this quote since we all have things in our lives that we can't control, but what we always have power over is how we react to them. Have a great Tuesday!
2 comments:
what if you're having one of those days when you don't feel like you have any sails...what do you do then? ugh...i hate jobs, why do we have to have one? :( thanks for the quote though, i like it!
I love that quote! I read it on your fb the other day and thought it was great. Plus I love DP. She is the best. I know it is a tough road, but you and BB will both find jobs I know it! Your searches are in my prayers! Love you both!
Post a Comment