Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Today's grocery trip

Heeeeeeeere's today's grocery total and a fun, cheap dinner I am making tonight.

Duncan Hines Molten Chocolate Cake
can of diced tomatoes
can of potato soup
2 boxes of pasta
block of extra sharp cheddar cheese
half gallon of milk
fat-free half and half
frozen Bertolli pasta meal
2 fresh baked bread bowls
loaf of wheat bread
package of pre-cooked bacon
package of sliced turkey
1 lb turkey sausage
bunch of green onions
white onion
hummus

Grand total was $37.26...not too bad considering it should last me a week! Tonight, I'm taking the cream of potato soup (I already have one can in the cabinet, so I'm using both). You mix them with milk and heat on the stove, then I'm scooping out the bread bowls and putting the soup in, topped with green onions, crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar. Inspired by McAlister's...we don't have them out here so I thought it would be a good substitute meal. :) Hope you're having a great day!

No comments: