Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Recovery


I'm still recovering from the stomach bug from hell. Monday was awful, Tuesday was better and today was downright bearable. My throat is in bad shape, but other than that I think I've made a full recovery. Mike came over with feel-better goodies and sat with me until I fell asleep on Monday because he's one of the nicest guys ever. He came over last night too and sat on the couch to watch Biggest Loser with me, one hand playing with my hair and one hand scratching Paisley behind the ears. *sigh* What a good man. :)

Back at work today, I got ready for a full day of playing catch-up and then realized I had a dentist appointment smack in the middle of my day at 11:00. And I was not looking forward to it. I have not been to the dentist since I moved to SF over 2 years ago, and I'm usually an every-six-month kind of girl. And I laughed at Mike last year when he broke his cavity-free streak with a whopping root canal. Ergo, I just knew karma was going to deal me a fat cavity this time. But I'm excited (not proud because I certainly didn't do enough flossing or maintenance to warrant a sense of pride) to report I am still without a cavity. Yesssss. Needles hurt. I certainly don't want them in my mouth. And, I love my new dentist! She's super sweet and loves Mike (he goes there too) and was really excited to talk wedding even with dental instruments in my mouth.

So to recap, a pretty good, uneventful day for the most part. Hope you're all doing well!

No comments: