Thursday, June 24, 2010

June Gloom


For those who haven't been to San Francisco during the summer months, this is what it typically looks like. Yep. Cheery, huh? This picture was taken on my way to the bus stop this morning. Looks like nighttime doesn't it? Everyone here calls it "June Gloom," although I find that term dorky and not entirely accurate, as this cloud cover and cold weather lasts well through July. Around mid-August, the sun starts to shine on our little peninsula and the weather is absolutely amazing from then until the end of October. Imagine the most beautiful spring day in the south...not hot, not cold, but just warm enough to wear a sundress and keep a light jacket or scarf for backup. And the best part...NO ALLERGENS! The pollen, headaches and packed sinuses were what made spring rough for me in the south, so SF has a tiny leg up on that front.

Anyway, back to our "summer" months here...this is just one of the literally HUNDREDS of reasons I can't wait to get to Atlanta bright and early tomorrow morning to see some of my best friends in the whole world. I will be whizzing through my hideously huge pile of work this morning on adrenaline, ready to go home, finish packing and get dropped off at SFO, where I will dope up on Xanax and hopefully pass out before the plane takes off! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!!!!

No comments: