I won't get on my soapbox here and discuss my thoughts on the death pentalty and whether or not it is morally sound or a crime deterrant (No and no. Oops! It slipped out). But I would like to state that I was at the gym last night and there were several televisions on. One was showing coverage of the last hours of convicted killer Ronnie Lee Gardner before he died by firing squad in Utah. The others were showing sitcoms or, most popular of the night, the final game of the NBA championship. Guess how many people were watching that one tv about the planned and expected end of a human life?
And to get on twitter this morning and see someecards joking not once, but twice, about firing squads? I was shocked and appalled. I believe their most recent comment was something like "Speaking of firing squads, let's get that World Cup referee in front of one."
Shame on you, San Francisco. You preach acceptance and love for everyone and then you're more interested in which team of overpaid millionaires wins a bonus than a person's life ending, convicted killer or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment