
This weekend was really nice! Friday, Sabrina and I got some dinner and drinks after work and got to bed nice and early, so off to a good start!
Saturday, we got up and got mani/pedis then met Jenny and Jennifer for brunch at The Grove. After that we all did a little shopping (I just browsed) and then I had a haircut which always makes me feel great. I headed over to Mike's for dinner and we made fresh guacamole and fish tacos that, I have to admit, were delicious! He loves Rachael Ray recipes and they really do always turn out well. Much better than when I attempt them, which is probably because he is a stickler for rules/instructions and makes sure we have/use all of the appropriate spices/ingredients. Me? Not so much. I never include any kind of "zest" or any random spice. ANYway...
Sunday was the Country Throwdown concert at Shoreline Amphitheater which makes me think of Oak Mountain back when it still had the awesome lawn section. We got there really early and got great seats. You can't tell, but we are about 1/4 of the way from the front of the lawn section, so it goes back behind us quite a bit. Even better, they have rental lawn chairs for $5 so you don't have to bring one. You get $1 back if you return it, or you can just leave it there, which we always do. The lineup was really good: Little Big Town, Sarah Buxton, Eric Church, Jack Ingram (who kind of sucked), Jamey Johnson and Montgomery Gentry (although we left before they came on...school night and all).
Allow me to just say....OHHHHHH the people watching. For those of you who don't think CA has hillbillies and rednecks, you are sorely mistaken. I saw more tramp stamps (which Mike's friend Marshall calls "butt hats" hilarious!), mullets, side boob (as Sabrina says "just because it comes in your size doesn't mean you should wear it"), puking, etc. etc. Those things, as well as the amphitheater style seating, made me feel like I was back in Alabama at the old OMA circa 1998.
No comments:
Post a Comment