Thursday, December 11, 2008

29 Days of Giving: Day 10

Yesterday afternoon was day 10 and I have to admit I only "halfway" gave something. We had a new employee start on Monday in our fairly small office and I know it can be intimidating to come into an environment where everyone seems to know each other so well. I asked this employee if she wanted to go around the corner and get a hot chocolate chip cookie, partially because I thought it would be a fun, quick afternoon break and partially because I have a bad sweet tooth...especially when the baked goods in question are warm. Our newest employee is very sweet and outgoing, so I'm sure she'll have everyone eating out of the palm of her hand in no time, but it's always nice to have a friendly face when you're getting used to a new place! Oh, and I took Wyeth's book back to the library for her since she had to get ready for date night with her boyfriend. That counts as a tiny give right? :)

Just on a side note, I feel so lucky to live in such an incredible city! I was on my way over to Joseph's last night and decided to try to catch the cable car instead of the bus, and there were about 10 people on the cable car with Santa hats singing Christmas songs!!! (Brandi, I immediately thought of you and how much fun you would have had with those people.) I caught the cable car back home this morning and it was early enough that I was the only passenger. I got to see the sun come up over this gorgeous city and just enjoyed the ride. I hopped off at the last stop and got a Peppermint White Mocha at Starbucks. All of that, plus getting a "have a good day" hug and smooch from the sweetest boy I've ever known...I can't think of many better ways to start a day!

1 comment:

Bendabl said...

OBSESSED with your cable car riding!! that was one of my favorite parts and singing Santas and a sunrise...dang it...don't make me come back out there Malone!