Monday, December 1, 2008

29 Days of Giving

Well, there's just too much to write about Thanksgiving, so I'll try to sum it up. It was incredible to see family and friends, many of whom I hadn't laid eyes on since I left the last time in late May. I actually didn't miss Joseph as much as I thought I would, but when I saw him again at the airport, my heart just melted. He has shaved the mustache and looked VERY handsome. He had gone shopping at the Goodwill in Seattle and returned with a Polaroid camera, a gun for his original Nintendo, and a soft, yellow vintage Adidas t-shirt for me. Bringing little gifts is somewhat unusual for him, so it was a nice surprise. He normally shows me he cares by giving back rubs, combing my hair when I get out of the shower, opening doors, and just being a sweetheart in general.


In other news, today is the first day of my 29 days of giving! I started out small and put an anonymous card in the mailbox of our Office Administrator/Receptionist. The card simply told her how much I value the work she does and that her cheerful attitude and tireless effort are noticed and appreciated. I didn't want to put my name on it because I want to keep the giving as anonymous as possible. I won't always be able to do that throughout the 29 days, but I think I will get more out of it if I'm not thinking about the recognition that will come with giving. That being said, I may not be able to record reactions or outcomes every time, but I will definitely keep you posted on what I give! Stay tuned, and send me any ideas you have. I'm still 7 days short of 29 and am running out of creative juices.

No comments: