Tuesday, December 9, 2008

29 Days of Giving: Day 9

Today was a double day! One obvious give was a card for Jeanna, who just lost her sweet grandfather, D-Daddy, over the weekend. It's hard to ever know what to say in situations like that, but hopefully knowing that I'm thinking of her will overshadow the fact that my message wasn't particularly articulate.

For my other give, I bought a few toys for the San Francisco Fire Department toy drive. I'll be dropping those off at the fire department near my office (no firefighter jokes, please and thank you). I had to run by Walgreens at lunch, and I always pick up their circular at the door...you know me and my budget! If I can get deoderant for a dollar or Macaroni & Cheese for 70 cents, I am ALL OVER IT. Anyway, they had some little toy cars for sale so I picked up a few of those as well as a soft, cute stuffed monkey. I got some wrapping supplies, too, so I can finish up wrapping Christmas gifts tonight. It will be nice while I'm doing that to know I contributed to someone else's Christmas!

Other good news today: my tickets for The Nutcracker came in the mail today! I have so many fun things coming up and I am really excited!

12/13 - Dinner party at Margaret & Peter's
12/16 - My work Christmas party
12/18 - The Nutracker with Wyeth, Margaret & Sara-Kate
12/19 - Joseph's work Christmas party
12/23 - Leave for Las Vegas and my squishable, hugable, adorable nieces!!!

No comments: