Well, I got a little behind in terms of blog posts, but fortunately I was able to stay on track with my giving! Here's an update of the weekend:
Day 5: On Friday, I decided not to plan anything and to just see what opportunities presented themselves. The day went by fairly uneventfully and I was starting to think that maybe planning was a good idea, because nothing had crossed my path. Then lo and behold, in my mailbox at work was an issue of Glamour magazine. It was addressed to my name, and my work address, which is strange since I don't subscribe. I knew my roommate would love to read the magazine while taking a bath, so I brought it home and left it on her bed. Not the most elaborate or premeditated give, but it counts!
Day 6: I woke up early so I could get dressed and take Paisley to the vet for her annual check-up (she's perfect and has a "very nice figure" according to the vet, by the way). An hour and $228 later, I knew I had given her the gift of health and preventative care. But, I think that's more of a general responsibility than a give, so I decided I should do something else. The SEC championship game was on at 1:00pm Pacific (go Gators!) and I was going to watch it over at Joseph's with a few of his friends. To make the game a little more fun, I went to the grocery store and bought some ingredients, headed to his place, and made chili and some cheese dip for the boys to enjoy. I even cleaned up. :) All of the cheese dip was devoured, and there was enough chili leftover that I could leave Joseph some that he could reheat throughout the week when he's short on time.
Day 7: What a fun day! Joseph and I rented a car to run several errands, one of which was buying Christmas gifts for children I had adopted at church. These children all have at least one parent in prison over the holidays. The church secretary told me to only buy the one gift on the tag and to spend less than $25 (which we may have cheated on a TINY bit). I really wanted to buy more than one present, so we adopted 4 children, all boys. One wanted a coat, one wanted a pair of shoes, one wanted an MP3 player, and one wanted pajamas. We had so much fun picking out the presents and I put on Christmas music while I wrapped them up last night. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment