Wednesday, December 3, 2008

29 Days of Giving: Day 3

Today's gift was an easy one and a free one! I found out that you can donate your United Milage Plus Miles to the Salvation Army if you have a minimum of 1000 miles. I don't fly United all too often, so my balance was pretty low, but I did meet the minimum. I called 1-800-421-4655 and within 4 minutes, all of my miles were transferred over to the Salvation Army. I know they need the miles a LOT more than I do and can use them to move personnel quickly to emergency situations and provide travel for people who need emergency medical care but cannot afford the plane tickets.

I think the thing that I took away the most from this is that giving is often a lot easier and cheaper than I picture it to be and it just requires a tiny bit of research and creativity. :)

Um, in other non-related news, tonight is the first match of our SkeeBall League! We are up against the team "Skee Harvey Oswald" and hope to annihilate them! I will be there rolling at 9:00pm with my team and will make sure the antics are captured on film. We'll be playing at Buckshot Bar every Wednesday (with a 2-week Christmas break) through the beginning of February. Look out!!

No comments: