Thursday, September 16, 2010

For inquiring minds


I have gotten several requests for information on the amazing, life-changing Fitbit. I have been singing its praises since the day it arrived in the mail after a 2-month stint on the waiting list.

If you watch Biggest Loser, you are familiar with a contraption called the BodyBug. The Fitbit is similar but only costs $99 and it does all of the following crazy cool things:
- tracks your daily steps.
- tracks your daily miles.
- tracks your calorie burn, including working out as well as your basal metabolic rate.
- tracks your sleep...you wear it to bed and it will tell you how long it took you to fall asleep, how often you woke up and how long you stayed awake each time, and how many total hours of sleep you got.
- helps you track your calories taken in, breaks down your food consumption to let you know about your intake of fat, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber etc.
- helps you track how much water you drink.

This is kind of a brief overview of what it can do; its capabilities go a lot more in-depth but I don't have the time to tell you all that good stuff. My favorite thing is that you only have to walk by its charging base within a 10-foot radius, and it loads your up to the minute info to the website for tracking purposes. You only need to charge it about 10 minutes per week! The website sets goals for you and, if you're competitive like I am, that can turn into a lot of extra calories burned. This thing is about the size of your thumb and you can clip it to your pocket or, if you're less "endowed" like me, to your bra. I never even realize it's there.

For those lucky readers who have known me for 10+ years ;) (I kid, I kid), you know that I used to be able to eat basically whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, with little consequence. No longer. My metabolism went on sabbatical at age 28 and has yet to return, so I find myself having to really bust my ass to stay in shape and to get toned and smokin' hot for the wedding. :) This little contraption really helps me stay on track and I have to say it's probably the best $99 I've ever spent! Go to www.fitbit.com for more information and put yourself on the waiting list TODAY.

No comments: