Monday, September 27, 2010

Just what I needed

This weekend was all about wedding prep and quality time, and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. I feel like the last several weeks Mike and I have been going and doing (Birmingham/Wyoming, camping, parents in town) which has been fun, but sort of exhausting. Over the last two days, we had a great time hanging out and didn't really talk to many people besides each other, which was nice.

Friday after work, the weather was nice (for once!) so we walked to the grocery store and picked up some cheese, salami and bread (and, perhaps, two peanut butter cup cookies) and opened a nice bottle of wine my parents had given Mike for his birthday. We sat outside on his patio and just talked...no friends, no TV, no waiters, just yummy food and good conversation. It wasn't the classiest spread, as we just opened the baggies and went to town, but it was delicious!

Saturday, we woke up bright and early for our engagement photos! Y'all, to say I'm excited to see these pictures is the understatement of the year. The lady who took the pictures let me see a couple of them on the camera and they looked awesome. We took them at this place called Cavallo Point where you can see the city and the Golden Gate Bridge in the background, then we drove into Sausalito and snapped a few in the park there. After that wrapped up, we took a drive through Marin Headlands on our way back to city, which is always gorgeous (see photo below). After a delicious lunch at Tacolicious (and a couple of stops at Paper Source and Pottery Barn), we headed to Mike's to sit on the couch all. afternoon. long. We watched football, ate ice cream and I did a puzzle. So relaxing. Mike also spent some time staining mini-chalkboards for the wedding, but more on that in a later post.

Sunday we started off at church and the message was just awesome. They're doing a series on the Ten Commandments called Ten in Ten. I'm excited for the other eight weeks! After that, we registered at Macy's (quite a long process) and ate at Burger Bar on the 6th floor of Macy's where you can look out over Union Square. The evening was spent watching last week's episode of Glee and then flipping back and forth between football and HGTV. Bliss.

I'd be lying if I said that I was ready to come back to work today! This weekend was exactly what I needed and it made me really appreciate these times before we are married and before we have children and are just basically responsibility-free. What a blessing...I'm really excited to be married and be a mom (one day) but I'm really thankful for where we are right now!!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Your Friday night is my favorite kind of Friday night!!! Me and Philip do it all the time, any night of the week, and I love it! Makes me appreciate it being just the two of us right now:)

Sarah ::Heart Deco:: said...

I can't wait to see your engagement photos!