They had HUGE vegetables that were just shocking to see in the middle of the desert.

Then we went to a place where you can buy cage-free eggs. Pay no attention to the cages in the background...the chickens were wandering around, pooping everywhere and scaring me. I guess the cages are just for nighttime so they have somewhere safe to sleep. :)

We took everything home and had one of the best dinners I've ever eaten. Seriously. Black-eyed peas, crescent rolls, squash and zucchini, baked potatoes and fried green tomatoes with authentic New Orleans remoulade my sister bought on her anniversary trip. We used the cage-free eggs to make the fried green tomatoes and then used them for omelettes in the morning, too, with onions and fresh peppers from Janie's garden. MMMMMMMM!!!

Best of all? I got to spend ample time with these two precious little monkeys. I cannot get enough of them.


I can't wait to see them again!!
Sunday we started the long process of getting the babies ready for church, dropped them off at their respective "classes" and then enjoyed services at Canyon Ridge Christian Church. Janie and I went to have a sister sushi lunch before I had to go to the airport. The trip went way too fast and I'm hoping I'll make it back there in October for one more visit before we all get together for THANKSGIVING!!
No comments:
Post a Comment