Monday, July 14, 2008

Birthday girls and boys!



My cousins got in on Thursday this past week and we had a great time! Sara is 17 and Rose is 14 and we just spent the long weekend strolling around shops, walking Paisley, drinking coffee, and going out to eat. It was absolutely incredible and relaxing. I can't believe how fast they've grown up. They actually gave me some great advice about a situation I have going on right now and I can tell that as they get older they're only going to get more beautiful and level-headed. I am so very proud to call them family members and friends! They also got to meet Joseph and experience his odd and sometimes inappropriate sense of humor. I think they enjoyed it even more than I do, which is great. :)

Last night he and I went to get some Chinese at a place that he called "authentic." I used his facial expression and the context clues to deduce that by authentic he probably meant "really gross but just don't look at the floors or the silverware too closely and you'll be fine." I have to say that I was right on in terms of the restaurant decor/ambiance/cleanliness, but I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised by the food. We got sizzling rice soup, pot stickers, General Tsao's chicken, and chicken with vegetables. Everything I tried was absolutely incredible and I will go back for sure.

Today it was back to work, and I'm exhausted. I had some weird dreams last night. In one, my mom told me to get on a scale and I told her that I was just naturally smallish and don't have an eating disorder. She explained then that she wanted me on the scale not because I was skinny but because I was fat, and sure enough my dream scale read about 30 pounds more than I actually weigh. For those of you who know my mother, you all know she would NEVER say I was fat, even if I was confined to moving around on a little motorized scooter. It was just odd all around. Probably caused by all the junk I ate all weekend. Joseph is referring to it as a "fatmare." I also had one dream that I was going to school in the desert and was forced to play tennis for PE. I was awful, and when I looked down I realized that part of the reason was because I wasn't playing with a racquet...I was using a sterling silver antique hand mirror. I don't know where my mind gets this stuff someimes.

ANYway, tomorrow is Joseph's 27th birthday and I'm really excited about what I bought him. I don't think he even knows this blog exists, but in case he's stealthier than I think, I won't post what he's getting until after he's opened it. We're going to a restaurant called Zuni which is supposed to be really good. And brace yourselves...I'm going to attempt making him a blackberry pie because that's one of his favorite things. I know right? Who would have thought. I guess I really do like him quite a bit if I'm willing to purchase and touch fruit to make him happy.

Also exciting...today is Paisley's birthday!!! Big girl is 5 years old today. Can you believe it? Like people always say, in some ways I feel like I just got her, but in others I feel like she's been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Wyeth and I are headed to Catnip + Bones after work to get her some treats for being such a sweet baby girl these last 5 years, then I'm off to buy pie fixins!

1 comment:

Emilie H said...

Kind of like eating a sandwhich at Mama Goldberg's. I also had a strange mother dream. I had just given birth and she was trying to talk me into going to the Walmart for her. As in...I am still in a hospital bed and there is something urgent she needs for the baby.