Jen's visit was great! But I'm now in detox. Here's a brief rundown because I'm absolutely exhausted right now. Thursday, I get off work early. We begin drinking at approximately 3:30. Decide to head home around 5:00, but not before picking up a bottle of wine. Dinner is at 7:30 and doesn't disappoint. One of the bartenders at AsiaSF knew Ethan from high school and Ethan told him to "take care of us" so by the time we left dinner at 9:00, we had consumed 3 vodka waters and 2 shots. Each. Plus the day's earlier debauchery. Then we moved on to R Bar where we had shots of Fernet. And I think some beers. After that we headed to Blur and I was really ready to call it a night at that point. We were in bed by 11:30.
Friday the weather was terrible for America's Birthday. :( But we managed to walk around, eat some hot dogs, nap, and then have a picnic in the park. We headed to a house party in North Beach later on at night and then to a few bars around the area. Significantly less alcohol was consumed this day.
Saturday was absolutely amazing!! We woke up late, went to the Fillmore Street Jazz Festival, then came home and sat around in the backyard for a few hours just reading books and talking. Since the weekend had already been pretty eventful, we ordered pizza, blew up the air mattress, and laid around all night. We watched Joe Dirt, Fight Club, and part of Harry Potter. It was supremely relaxing.
Sunday we headed down to the Castro to a place called Lime for brunch. This place is killer. They have to die for fritatas (and apparently the chocolate chip pancakes were amazing too), great music, and $7 bottomless mimosas. That was the beginning of a long day. We were all pretty full of mimosas by 1:00 and went to Washington Square to sit in the park and continue drinking. It was me, Wyeth, Mary, Jen, Alia, Joseph, Logan, and Ethan. I decided pretty quickly after sitting in the sun for a few moments that I was done for. So I went back to Joseph's for a nice long nap. I'm glad I did because the rest of the group took the party to a bar and drank more than is wise on a school night. Joseph and I went to dinner and then back to my apartment to say bye to Jen :(. She had to be up around 3:00 am this morning, so I headed back to Joseph's for the night. It was really nice to get to have dinner with him, and take a nap with him, and walk back to his apartment and just be able to hold his hand and talk to him. I got to see all his pictures yesterday too and it looks like he had a cool trip, but I can't even tell you how great it is to have him back in the same city. I'm not 100% positive, but I'm fairly sure he got sweeter and more attractive while he was gone.
Friday the weather was terrible for America's Birthday. :( But we managed to walk around, eat some hot dogs, nap, and then have a picnic in the park. We headed to a house party in North Beach later on at night and then to a few bars around the area. Significantly less alcohol was consumed this day.
Saturday was absolutely amazing!! We woke up late, went to the Fillmore Street Jazz Festival, then came home and sat around in the backyard for a few hours just reading books and talking. Since the weekend had already been pretty eventful, we ordered pizza, blew up the air mattress, and laid around all night. We watched Joe Dirt, Fight Club, and part of Harry Potter. It was supremely relaxing.
Sunday we headed down to the Castro to a place called Lime for brunch. This place is killer. They have to die for fritatas (and apparently the chocolate chip pancakes were amazing too), great music, and $7 bottomless mimosas. That was the beginning of a long day. We were all pretty full of mimosas by 1:00 and went to Washington Square to sit in the park and continue drinking. It was me, Wyeth, Mary, Jen, Alia, Joseph, Logan, and Ethan. I decided pretty quickly after sitting in the sun for a few moments that I was done for. So I went back to Joseph's for a nice long nap. I'm glad I did because the rest of the group took the party to a bar and drank more than is wise on a school night. Joseph and I went to dinner and then back to my apartment to say bye to Jen :(. She had to be up around 3:00 am this morning, so I headed back to Joseph's for the night. It was really nice to get to have dinner with him, and take a nap with him, and walk back to his apartment and just be able to hold his hand and talk to him. I got to see all his pictures yesterday too and it looks like he had a cool trip, but I can't even tell you how great it is to have him back in the same city. I'm not 100% positive, but I'm fairly sure he got sweeter and more attractive while he was gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment