Monday, July 28, 2008

Visitors, vacations and other fun stuff

The string of visitors continues! So far, Beth, Brandi, Jennifer, my mom, and my cousins Sara and Rose have made the trek to experience life in San Francisco. Now, my sister is coming on August 8 and Sara Singleton and Volree get here on August 27. I LOVE seeing everyone and can't tell all of you how much I appreciate the visitors. I have really only gotten homesick about once in the past three months, mostly due to little doses of home that keep coming to see me. :)

Aside from that, Joseph and I are headed to my aunt and uncle's vacation home in Utah on Friday. We'll be there until Tuesday morning and both of us are really excited. It's going to be nice to have nothing to do but cook, hike, swim, ride bikes, and fish (although I'll probably just sit by the river and read while he fishes). Their home is incredibly beautiful and I'm putting the word out now that if anyone is interested in meeting me there for some skiing this winter, let me know! After that, we're headed to Lake Tahoe for the weekend of September 12 for some gambling and hanging out with a bunch of his friends. October 4 is Kelsey and Taylor's wedding, so I'll be back in the south for a long weekend in Atlanta! Looking forward to catching up with most of you there. A few weeks later, a bunch of us living here in SF are headed to Vegas to celebrate Wyeth's and Dylan's birthdays, which both happen to be October 15. The only other thing on the old calendar after that is the SF 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks game that's on October 26.

I'm definitely staying busy on the weekends, so it was nice to have this past weekend just to relax. Saturday Joseph and I went down to the Embarcadero and saw all of the tall ships that were in town for the weekend and Saturday night his friend Mike hosted an Awkward Thanksgiving in July party. It was incredibly awkward, but there was a lot of good food. Unfortunately we got there too late to eat most of it but there were a pan of KILLER macaroni and cheese left and a keg of beer, so this girl was happy. :) Sunday we just read the paper and drank coffee until Nob Hill Cafe opened and then went for brunch. He had his usual (prawn and avocado omelette) and I strayed from mine and had the fritatta. I should have stuck with my normal cheese, onion, and pancetta omelette...oh well, lesson learned!

2 comments:

Bendabl said...

I WANNA GO SKIING!!!!!!!!!!!
Count me in!!! Let's set a date!!! And i'm pretty sure Sara would join too!!!
P.S. Love Mike's party..that kid is hilar!!!

Anonymous said...

Mark me down TOO!!!
I'm all for some skiing! trying to go every year :)

SS