Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Momma's home!!

Wyeth got back last night, and it's so nice to have another human in the apartment! She's been gone since 6/20 and while Paisley is a superb dog, I've yet to coax a single word out of her. She has made awesome TV-watching company, though. I'm typically not big on television, but for the last week I've been glued to it, watching such thought-provoking shows as "Legally Blonde: The Search for the Next Elle Woods" and episodes of the new "American Gladiator" on demand. I also watched several episodes of "Intervention," which I've always loved. I have a pretty good track record when it comes to picking who will get better and who won't at the beginning of the show, if I do say so myself. (On a somewhat-related topic, I think there should be harsher punishments for rapists and child molesters. The vast majority of the people on there experienced at least one of the two, and while I was always aware those were traumatic events, I guess I've been naive about how completely and thoroughly they can jack up someone's life long long long term. I'm also not convinced that those types of people can ever be fully rehabilitated. The ones who can probably make up an extremely small percentage of offenders. Dismounting soapbox now.)

Aside from Wyeth's return, not much else is going on. Work has been busy this week so far, even though the office is like a ghost town. With the amount of vacation they give us, the majority of our staff took the week off for 4th of July. I'm definitely looking forward to having Friday off, and I hear we'll probably close early on Thursday. One of my supervisors has asked me to help work on some job openings we have in our NYC office, since we only have two open in San Francisco at the moment. It'll be good to work on those so I can get a feel for that market. I'm having coffee this morning with Sabrina Horn, the lady who started the company, so it will be cool to get to spend some time with her and ask her some questions.

Jennifer gets here tomorrow, so I know we're going to have a great weekend!!! I think 4th of July the plan is to head down to Baker Beach for the day, probably have a drink or 16, and watch the fireworks at night. Saturday is reserved for tooling around town and seeing whatever sights she wants to, and then Sunday we're either headed to the Marin County fair or the Alameda Flea Market. OH, AND JOSEPH GETS BACK AT LIKE 2 AM ON SUNDAY MORNING. I'll definitely be seeing him when he gets to his apartment. Even if it's just to give him a hug and a kiss and hear his voice. I bet he's all tan, too. And he probably has some facial hair. JEEZ he's hot.

2 comments:

Emilie H said...

Holler! You never commented on my phone call regarding the "Drifting for Jesus Honda civic. I am hurt, I will just have to keep those comments to my self in the future. Hope you have a fab 4th! I'll be with the fam for the sister's 31st!

Emilie H said...

I left it on your bham cell. It was wonderful. I wanted to get a picture but did not have the reaction time required.