Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Dark Knight

Alrighty, here's my synopsis:

Negatives:
It was entirely too long
There were entirely too few scenes of Christian Bale sans shirt
This one's personal, but I really don't care for Maggie Gyllenhal
The plotline was a little too complicated for a so-called action movie
One of the characters consistently flips a coin which ends up being a 2-headed coin. However, from the very first time he flips it, it's entirely predictable that it's a trick coin.

Positives:
Heath Ledger's make-up is awesome and scary as hell
His acting actually is pretty fantastic. I'm not sure if it lives up to the hype, but it certainly comes close. I was all prepared to protest an Oscar nomination because I feel like the deceased have the sympathy vote and, thus, an unfair advantage, but in this case I can get on board.

All in all, it was a good movie. Definitely watch it at some point. If you tend to skew towards romantic comedies, just wait and rent it. Go see it now if you're really into the Batman series or if you don't want to feel left out of the Heath Ledger-centered conversations around your water cooler.

Joseph and I are headed to Yukol Place tonight for dinner, which is my favorite Thai restaurant EVER. I am already excited. I can't wait to see him, either!!

2 comments:

Terri Munro said...

I heard that Jack Nicholson (orig Joker), when told that Heath had commited suicide, said, "I warned him," because it was such a dark character! Intense. I think I will wait for DVD...but I am definitely intrigued.

Bendabl said...

You know I love my romantic (not anything that would happen in real life) comedies, so I'm thinking that maybe I'll wait til it comes to the $1 movie theatre! But I do wanna see some shirtless Bale swinging around and Heath's crazed mind.