Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Do you ever just feel like you're going to explode?

I was on the bus this morning reading an e-mail from my sweet Megan and it got me thinking about all of the great people I have in my life. I started running through my mind all of the loving words everyone said and wrote to me when I moved out here, and I started crying on the bus (kind of a bus faux pas, along with smelling bad and talking loudly on the phone because they all make people around you feel awkward). I just don't understand how or why I ended up with so many people who love me so much, and I had one of those moments where I was so happy I wanted to run around with my arms out, or squeal, or jump around or SOMETHING. It was literally hard to contain how happy I felt. I have those moments more than I deserve, and they've only gotten more frequent as I've gotten older.

I feel so blessed that God has provided me with a good job with an incredible company, a family who would lay down their lives for me, friendships with people who give of themselves tirelessly, a kick-ass dog, a boyfriend who cherishes and protects me and always puts me first, my health, and most of all His love, grace, and forgiveness.

I've faced some challenges in my life, and I feel fairly certain I haven't seen the worst of them yet, but I am confident that I have all of the tools I'll need to make it through. And for the time being while it's smooth sailing for me, I feel like the reason for that is so that I lift up my friends and family who are going through rough patches (see prayer below). So if that applies to you, know that you can e-mail or call me anytime. I'll leave you all with a prayer that someone (I think Jennifer maybe?) e-mailed me. It's my favorite prayer and I have it taped on one of my closet doors, the one opposite the pictures of all of y'all. :)

Dear Lord, Thank You for this day. I thank You for my being able to see and to hear this morning. I'm blessed because You are a forgiving God and an understanding God. You have done so much for me and You keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you. I ask now for Your forgiveness. Please keep me safe from danger and harm. Help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude. Let me make the best of each and every day to clear my mind so that I can hear from You. Please broaden my mind that I can accept all things. Let me not whine and whimper about things over which I have no control. Let me continue to see sin through your eyes and acknowledge it as evil. And when I sin, let me repent, and confess my wrongdoing. Help me Lord to not judge others, or to speak an ill word.When this world closes in on me, let me remember Jesus' example -- to slip away and find a quiet place to pray. I know it's the best response when I'm pushed beyond my limits. I know that when I can't pray, You listen to my heart. Continue to use me to do Your will. Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those who are lost and can't find their way. I pray for those who are misjudged and misunderstood. Help me Lord as a Christian to forgive those who reject me. Help me immediately to forgive them, and love them with Your love. I pray for those who don't know You intimately. I pray for those who don't believe. But I thank you that I believe. Thank you for taking me out of what was, and for what is now in You. May I be a living witness of Your love and joy and peace. I believe that God changes people and God changes things. I pray for all my sisters and brothers. For each and every family member in their households. I pray for peace, love and joy in their homes that they are out of debt and all their needs are met. I ask that You heal the broken-hearted and physically ill. I pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than God. Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight. Thank You Lord that You are not leaving us on our own, You are always with us, even to the end of the world. I LOVE YOU! This is my prayer. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too :)

Emilie H said...

I love you more!
(But my mind went strait to the incident in my car when I read your title. Don't say it out loud but you know.....THE incident)