HAIR.
Fudge. We had to pay $125 for a guy to come and clean out the pipes. Wyeth said the plumber was this little Asian guy who had to use some sort of machine/contraption. He pulled out a mass of hair about a foot long and as large around as a Twinkie. She said the best part was that he walked into her bedroom holding it out in both hands like a prize fish.
While I have the urge to call our landlord and tell him that there's NO WAY we made that much hair while using a hair-catching drain cover, I've made the decision to pick my battles. I was telling Brandi last night that I think my relationship with Joseph is going well in large part due to the fact that I've learned to be a big girl and pick my battles rather than fly into a rabid rage every 5 minutes (thanks, Zoloft! (wink)); consequently, on the rare occasions I'm actually pissed off or hurt, he knows I mean business and am not crying wolf. I'm going to take the same approach with our landlord so that if I ever have to get nasty he'll know it's over something I'm pretty serious about.
On the bright side, with Megan arriving tomorrow night, we now have one functioning shower for 3 girls instead of zero functioning showers. I think offering houseguests working plumbing is a really hospitable thing to do.
4 comments:
Did you pay him in Chic-fil-a sandwhiches?? :)
yuk! this happens to us a lot as i do have a ton-o-hair. lucky for me, i'm usually able to pursuade philip to dig it out with a coathanger:) but we have had to get a plumber come & use the "contraption" you speak of. i almost vomited when i saw what came out of the drain!!!
Yuck! That will probably happen to our plumbing too. I never use a hair catcher. oops :)
Sadly I have used the coat hanger trick when we lived in University Corner. I get a little sick just thinking about it.
Post a Comment