I don't have much to write about today, but thought I would jot something quick because Megan gets into town tonight, which means I won't have time to do this again until Monday. Last night I met Joseph at one of my very favorite restaurants ever, Chez Maman. This place is tiny (can probably only hold 20 diners at once) and always dimly lit and pretty romantic, while simple, too. The owner/manager is French and extremely friendly, un-pretentious, and funny. He took the time last night to explain the difference between average Swiss cheese and gruyere and whenever I tell him I can't prounounce a wine, he just smiles and says, "Oh, me neither" which makes me feel less like an unsophisticated oaf. This place also happens to have the best burger I've ever eaten, and many folks I've taken here agree. They use incredible beef, fresh bread (not buns), homemade aioli, and perfectly cooked bacon. I don't know how they make it taste so good. We've been trying to save money recently, so have been staying in as much as possible, with me cooking or maybe sometimes getting take-out and then watching a movie at home. That being said, it was nice to go out for a real date. :) After dinner, we missed the bus so we just walked home. It was a gorgeous night last night. Cold, but not unbearably cold. I'm loving our weather right now! I really enjoy getting to spend time with him talking about our families, our hopes, our jobs and just laughing at each other over a bottle of wine.
Now, for the rest of the weekend, it's going to be all Megan all the time! One of my fave humans arrives this evening and I can't wait to hug her and squeeze her and laugh and laugh and laugh. We're headed to a Halloween party tomorrow night, but other than that have no set plans, which is just the way I like it. I'll definitely have some good pictures for you all on Monday!
Have a fun, safe Halloween everyone!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment