Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Plumbing

Ummm...so our bathtub/shower is no longer draining. It takes about 10 minutes for it to clear a cup of water thrown in there. It's BAD. We have tried to unclog it ourselves because our landlord says if a plumber comes out and it's "just hair" we have to pay for it. Now, I know this is not "just hair" because we use a hair-catcher over the drain and are very diligent about it. Here are our sophisticated plumbing efforts so far...

- Drain-O
- Industrial strength clog remover from hardware store
- Coat hanger
- A toilet plunger (my mom said sometimes you can plunge the clog out)

Last week, it started draining slowly. It has pretty much now ceased doing anything. Wyeth took a shower last night and the bathtub was just full of standing water. So, being resourceful and sweaty and needing a shower too, I decided to get Tupperware and scoop the water into the sink so I could at least soap up and not sleep in my own sweat. So, I'm bailing out the tub, whistling to myself, dumping water in the sink, when all of a sudden BROWN stuff starts coming into the tub. Now, I'm fairly certain this isn't poop, but it sure as hell looks like it. I scream. Wyeth screams. We stand there and watch water/brown goopy stuff enter the tub. Then we turn on the faucet and it happens again. Obviously, since those pipes are connected, running our sink is now putting pressure on whatever nastiness is in the pipes and pushing it INTO OUR BATHTUB. Sick.

Needless to say, I packed up my work clothes and shower stuff and went to Joseph's so I could get a real shower this morning. That was a major pain in my ass, but there were benefits to this. 1) I got to wake up next to the cutest boy in the world. 2) I didn't have to stand in a doody-like sludge to shower. 3) I got to use "my" toothbrush at his house, which is a ToothTunes and plays "YMCA" while you brush your teeth. My previous ones have played "We Will Rock You" and the theme song from The Transformers. I think Miley Cyrus will be next. 4) I got to ride the cable car to work! I felt so grown-up and big-city.

An official plumber is coming today to deal with our issue so I'll keep you all posted (because I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat!).

2 comments:

Bendabl said...

Oh yuck! that stinks! well at least now you are justified in having a plumber come! brown poop-like stuff isn't good AT ALL!!!

Emilie H said...

Just to give you my professional opinion.

That is not normal.