When I moved here, I was told repeatedly that "September and October are the prettiest months here," which sounded really stupid but has turned out to be completely true. Once the sun is fully up, the days here reach the high 70's-low 80's and there's a light breeze, which is perfect weather for wandering around at lunch. Sometimes I window shop, sometimes I for-real shop (trying to cut back), sometimes I run errands which is still pretty fun, and sometimes I go somewhere with outdoor seating and eat lunch.
In the morning and at night, the weather is usually in the upper 50's-low 60's...ideal for a quick run, for walking the Paisley dog, or just opening up my windows and listening to the traffic. That might sound weird, but I've gotten used to it and kind of like the sound. I've started opening my windows and curtains in the morning so I can see the Golden Gate Bridge while I get ready for work. Sometimes I'm so busy going about my day-to-day stuff, I forget that I'm living in a really kick-ass city. The Bridge always reminds me that I really am across the country from everything.
This weekend should be most relaxing. Tonight Joseph and I are headed to a Halloween benefit for a charity that works to prevent homelessness by providing eviction assistance and emergency housing. Tomorrow and Sunday, my plans are minimal except for a birthday party, so I'm planning on getting a lot of laundry done and taking some pictures around the city. If they turn out even half decent, I'll post some on Monday. Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment