Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Food dork

I worked this fundraiser last night for March of Dimes because I think it's a great charity and I'm all about helping fund research to reduce premature births. The event happened to be their Signature Chefs Auction. Aside from the obvious warm fuzzy feelings, there were several great things about this: 1) I got to eat food made by some of the best chefs in San Francisco 2) I got to eat this food for free, whereas the attendees were paying $500/couple to eat it 3) Rock, who won the '07 season of Hell's Kitchen (one of my favorite shows) is the Signature Chefs spokesperson for March of Dimes and was there to tell his story about why the organization is important to him 4) I don't watch Top Chef but apparently the chef from La Marcha in the Mission was on there. This meant nothing to me, except for the fact that he was extremely attractive.

I tried some mini-crabcakes, baked ricotta with something else on top, and ate my fair share of some KILLER duck ravioli. I steered clear of everything else (and there was lot of food) because it was made with some really weird crap (like oxtail). All in all, though, it was a great night...sore feet and everything.

No comments: