Monday, October 20, 2008

Back to work

*sigh* The weekends always go too fast don't they? This one was a good mix of everything...Friday night J and I went to a benefit for Hamilton Family Center and they had a MASHED POTATO BAR and Ketel One martinis. I was in heaven. After it was over we went to grab a drink at Top of the Mark, where you can see the whole city.

Saturday I pretty much laid around and did laundry, then Wyeth, Ethan and I went to Blondie's for Sara-Kate's birthday. Wyeth and I (with the assistance of Belvedere & water) brought out our very favorite white-girl moves. Joseph was supposed to come and didn't make it. In retrospect, I'm really glad he didn't see me dancing like that. Sara-Kate works for Teach for America, so most of the crowd she brought were teachers. In cardigans. Needless to say, they were not impressed with our slut-tastic outfits and dance moves. When we got home, Ethan made us bacon and eggs and we watch a scary movie in pajamas.

Sunday I cooked most of the morning then headed to the pumpkin patch over in Petaluma with Alia, Margaret, Peter, and Joseph. It was cold as balls. And we got lost in the corn maze, which I suppose is the point, but it was a little frustrating. I didn't even want to do the damn corn maze. I just wanted to get a hot dog and pick out my pumpkin, and maybe swing by and feed some hay to the animals at the petting farm. I still had a good time, but was definitely ready to get back to the city and a heater. We all rounded out the night watching the (pitiful) Seahawks game and eating pizza.

Now I'm back at work and subsisting on chili I made this weekend and the candy that's been strategically placed in a large cauldron in the kitchen. I ate Whoppers and a Reese's cup for breakfast, chili for lunch, and am going home to devour some Tater Tot Casserole. Delightfully concealing winter clothing...here I come!

No comments: